A Career In Timeshare – Is It A Good Time To Start?

I regularly get e-mails these days asking me if I think it’s a good time to start a career in Timeshare and whether I think the slump in the Real estate Industry will affect the Timeshare and Holiday Club Market so I thought it would be good to address the situation this week and ask you all for your feed back through the comments section as I can only really speak about how things are in Europe and I’m sure there are a lot of people out there asking the same questions and would value all the feedback.

Below is the latest e-mail I received and Pete kindly gave me permission to include it in the debate this week

Dear Alan,

My name is Pete, I live in NY. Next week I am moving to Las Vegas. I was offered a job as OPC greeter for Tahiti Village. My background in NY has been commission sales of Home Improvements for the last 10 years. My question, if you would be so kind to answer was, I know I am a great salesman and love people but will I be able to earn an income in the industry with current state of things in the Real Estate market? Is the Timeshare Industry affected by the Real Estate market? I know when I started out in Home Improvement sales things were really tight in the beginning until you built your funnel. Moving to a new city I don’t want to end up on the street.

Thank you in advance

PKC

My brief answer to him was as follows:

Dear Pete,

Thanks for your e-mail, it's always encouraging to get feed back and know that people are reading my articles and getting something out of them.

In answer to your question, I don't think that Timeshare sales will be too affected by the slump in the Real Estate Industry as traditionally (at least here in Europe) even in past recession times people have still taken holidays.

Whilst real estate companies are closing down on a weekly basis, Timeshare developers are on the rise and investing vast sums of money into what has always been and will continue to be one of the fastest growth industries throughout the world

Of course all business suffers peaks and troughs and it will really depend on how much time and money the company you are going to work for is willing or able to put into their marketing programmes during the slumps.

I hope this has helped a little bit. I would like to do an article on my site regarding this issue and ask your permission to put your e-mail (Not your address just what you wrote) on my site with my answer as there are a lot of other people out there asking the same questions at this moment in time and I feel they could all be helped by featuring your e-mail on my site and let other people give us their feed back as well.

So let’s hear all your views on the subject, good or bad and especially any personal experiences of the ups and downs and effects of other industries affecting Timeshare sales.

Please feel free to leave any comments below or e-mail me with permission to post your e-mail on this site.

No comments: