Apologies To All My Regular Readers

Apologies to all my regular readers and especially to Robert Latta who took the time to e-mail me and give me a quick reminder that I haven’t updated the site for over a month now.

I have been very heavily involved in setting up a new call centre and telesales marketing department for a fairly large and well established sales and marketing company here in Europe and just haven’t had the time needed to dedicate to the site.

Anyway enough of the excuses, I’m back on a regular weekly basis and would welcome your input on any subjects that you would like me to cover in the future.

My regular readers will also notice that I’ve gone from the blogspot domain: simplesalesandmarketing.blogspot.com to my own custom domain: www.simplesalesandmarketing.com

When I started this blog just over a year ago it was really just a way of writing a Sales Training Manual that could be available and accessed by anybody in the world.

I have been blogging for just over a year now so I’m still very new at it and have read countless arguments for and against buying your own custom domain including the main one:

“Nobody takes your blog seriously if you’re still using a blogspot domain.”

I never realised that this site would grow as popular as it has and so after over 12 months of deliberation and resisting going “professional” in the eyes of all the other “Professional Bloggers” I have finally succumbed to buying my own custom domain to protect the site and so that I can continue to grow the readership and possibly turn the whole thing into the “Timeshare Sales And Marketing Techniques” book at a later date. And so for the pricey investment of $10.00 “simplesalesandmarketing.blogspot.com” has become “simplesalesandmarketing.com”

For anyone thinking of buying a custom domain name for whatever reason I brought mine through Google and found the process completely painless and very simple.

I just logged into my Blogger account. From the dashboard I clicked settings and under publishing went to the domain page and followed Google’s very straight forward step by step instructions on buying a custom domain name.

Blogger do have their own help page which also explains the process in a step by step easy to follow idiot proof guide for non computer literate people like me.

The other benefit I found from doing the whole thing through Blogger and Google is that it was all configured for me and set up in a matter of minutes with all my old links still working perfectly and automatically redirected to my new URL.

So to close, Hats off to Google and thanks for the continued brilliant service.

See you all next week.

If there’s a particular sales skill or closing technique that you would like me to cover in future articles, or an objection that you are having a problem overcoming, leave me a comment below or drop me an e-mail.

Remember: there is no such thing as a foolish question, only a fool who doesn’t ask questions.

No comments: