Negative Reverse Selling or The Take Away Close

Welcome back to what promises to be a long series of articles and Blog posts on Sales Tips, Closing Techniques and Marketing Solutions.

This week I want to look at a Closing Technique I was asked about in an e-mail a few weeks ago on my old Blog: “Timeshare Sales and Marketing Techniques”

The technique is called “Negative Reverse Selling” or “The Take Away” as we know it in Europe.

The Take Away is a very powerful closing tool when used correctly and in exactly the right place during your presentation.

It’s a very subtle form of reverse psychology and is best illustrated by using the analogy of offering a young child an ice cream and just when he or she is really excited and almost has the ice cream in their hands you take it away and tell them they can’t have it!

Imagine the screaming and tantrums that follows!

It’s human nature to want what you can’t have. The forbidden fruit is always sweeter.

Now this closing technique will only work if you have built enough desire in your product and made your clients really want it in the first place.

When selling Timeshare, it’s best used at the back end when showing your clients around the show apartment or villa and they are sat on the balcony looking out over the pool or beach, imagining themselves staying there on holiday next year, and you subtlety throw in:

“Please don’t get too attached to this apartment I think all the weeks are sold in here!” “I think we might have a few weeks left in the apartments over the other side, but they obviously don’t have this view.” “I’ll have to check with my manager when we get back”

You now have the perfect hand over for your manager and he can use the old, “I think I might have a repossessed week available, I’ll go and check but if you really want it, you’ll have to give me holding deposit today as you can imagine those apartments sell very quickly……”

The take away close can be adapted to any product you sell, but it has to be used very carefully and not too often during your presentation or your clients will see right through you and know what your up to and you’ve blown your deal.

As always, practise makes perfect. Don’t use it till it flows naturally and you feel comfortable enough to deliver it properly.

See you next week.

If there’s a particular sales skill or closing technique that you would like me to cover in future articles, or a particular objection that you are personally having a problem overcoming, leave a comment below or drop me an e-mail.

Remember: there is no such thing as a foolish question, only a fool who doesn’t ask questions.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for these information. Sadly, we can't afford to buy Training Materials ONLINE since we're just starting BUT eversince I've discovered your site, I get a lot of free tips and it usually simplifies everything about telesales. Best part is I get a lot of unique ideas from you Sir. So, thank you so much!!! You're making a lot of people earn BIG BIG COMMISSIONS.

God Bless!

Renee A.

Alan Hocking said...

Thankyou so much Renee.

Everyone needs a pat on the back sometimes and it's nice to know that someone somewhere is getting something out of my articles.

Alan Roy Hocking