As I mentioned in my previous article, Affiliate Marketing is a win win situation for both the merchant and the affiliate alike.
For the merchant it is the most cost effective form of advertising he can do.
Because the merchant only pays you commissions on sales that are made through your personal marketing efforts. There are no upfront marketing costs to the merchant and all advertising is paid for after the sale has been made. How can he lose?
From the affiliates point of view it is a very lucrative low cost business opportunity to set up and work from home.
Let’s look at all the benefits:
1. You don’t need to invest large sums of money into buying or renting office space, shops or warehouses. As long as you have access to a computer and internet connection, your business can be run from your kitchen table, so start up cost is minimal.
2. You don’t need to be a professional salesperson or have any sort of direct selling skills. All you need to do is to be able to recommend products and send people to the merchant’s website to have a look. It’s up to the merchant to do the selling for you.
3. You don’t need to stock any products yourself.
4. You don’t have to get involved in shipping or delivery of the products.
5. All selling, after sales and customer support is handled by the merchant.
6. There is no ceiling on your earning potential. You work as hard you like, full time or part time. Hours to suit, earnings to suit.
7. You are your own boss!
8. Anybody can be successful at affiliate marketing.
There are numerous benefits to affiliate marketing and we will look at them all individually as this series unfolds. I hope I’ve wet your appetite so far.
Next week I want to look at choosing a merchant and product to promote and some of the different compensation plans available to you.
See you next week.